Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (CMC) is an initiative of Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the oldest operating chamber of commerce in India. There is growing dissatisfaction among the business houses of India about the time and cost required in the resolution of commercial disputes and enforcement of the outcome.
To meet this corporate requirement, CMC has been launched to promote mediation as the dispute resolution mechanism of first resort before resorting to adversarial methods of dispute resolution. The Chamber wishes to promote a sustainable yet quick, confidential, cost efficient and solution oriented dispute resolution for commercial disputes where the power to decide final outcome remains in the hands of the corporate disputant.
From the Indian perspective, issues relating to enforcement of contracts and arbitration awards and huge case backlog in Indian courts, provide a wide scope for time and cost effective resolution of disputes through mediation. In keeping with its credo of “Corporate as a Citizen”, Bombay Chamber continuously explores opportunities to work for universal causes. Today, it is important for us as a nation to improve ‘Ease of Doing Business’ in our country and the mediation initiative of the Chamber is a step in this direction.
To help create a harmonious business environment with enduring business relationships by encouraging resolution of disputes through aided dialogue and concluding them swiftly, economically, confidentially and amicably.
To aspire to be the most reputed platform for mediation of commercial disputes in India, through unimpeachable neutrality, best in class governance standards and competent mediators, establishing effective dialogue and solution focused discussions.
Why opt for CMC services?
- The Centre is managed and run by the Industry- we understand your concerns and needs
- We handle all procedural and scheduling issues while you focus on creative and collaborative solutions to the dispute
- We have a diverse panel of experienced and eminent mediators for all types of commercial disputes
- We provide End to end case management services including pre-mediation and post-mediation follow up
- We have adopted a competitive cost structure because your time and cost are our prime concerns